Niagara Casinos in the Community
The mandate of Fallsview Casino Resort and Casino Niagara's corporate giving program is to improve the quality of life for residents of Niagara by making financial contributions to health care, post-secondary education, the arts, culture, and heritage as well as sponsorship of community events, festivals and other public activities.
Over the past 15 years, Fallsview Casino Resort has contributed millions of dollars to a multitude of community and non-profit organizations throughout Niagara.
Below are some of the major donations made by the Casinos' corporate giving program since 2000:
- $3.5 million
- to the United Way of Niagara Falls & Fort Erie through employee and corporate donations
- $1.5 million
- to the Niagara Health System “It’s Our Time” campaign, in support of the Walker Family Cancer Centre
- $1.2 million
- to the Niagara Health System’s three largest emergency rooms
- to the Niagara Community Foundation for the establishment of a Corporate Giving Endowment Fund
- to the Canadian Cancer Society, Niagara Unit, in support of various signature events
- to Niagara College’s FutureReady Capital Campaign
- to Project SHARE & holiday food drives
- to Boys & Girls Club of Niagara in support of their new facility, the Niagara Falls Community Centre
- to the MacBain Community Centre in Niagara Falls
- to Hospice Niagara’s “When Time Is Precious” campaign in support of their new facility in St. Catharines
- to Women’s Place of South Niagara for their Nova House campaign
- Wendy Dueck, Interim Executive Director, Niagara Health System
The Fallsview Casino Resort has been a tremendous supporter of healthcare in Niagara, having the distinction of being among the first to commit $1 million to the Niagara Health System It’s Our Time Campaign in 2006. A recent additional commitment of $500,000 towards the Walker Family Cancer Centre continues their outstanding tradition of community partnership. We are truly grateful for their support!
- Kimberly Hundertmark, Executive Director, Niagara Wine Festival
The Niagara Wine Festival has been a tradition in the community for 60 years and thanks to the generous financial support of the Fallsview Casino Resort, the Festival is able to offer augmented programming which benefits the community.
- Liz Palmieri, Executive Director, Niagara Community Foundation
The casino is the Foundation’s largest corporate donor, gifting $850,000 to create the Corporate Giving Endowment Fund supporting projects across Niagara. The casino is also the host sponsor of Cuvée, one of the most prestigious celebrations of the Ontario wine industry. We are extremely thankful for their on-going commitment to supporting our community.
- Pam Sharp, Community Development Coordinator, Project SHARE
Project SHARE is so grateful for the overwhelming support we receive from both casino associates and the Corporate Giving Program. The Niagara Casinos team recognizes that hunger doesn’t take a holiday, and generously supports the families who are living below the poverty line in Niagara Falls year round. Our partnership with Niagara Casinos enables us to meet the growing demand for our services and helps us to provide emergency food to 100 families per day. Niagara Casinos is a true example of our tagline: Our Community at Work
- Lyn Russo, Director, Development & Alumni Relations, Niagara College
Support from Niagara Casinos through the Niagara College Foundation has benefitted Niagara College students greatly through the years. Campaign support helped build and expand the Niagara-on-the-Lake campus, and the most recent donation in 2012 helped fund a new food lab for teaching large-scale, high-volume cooking styles for culinary students. Fallsview Casino Resort has been a long-time partner and lead sponsor for the Foundation's annual Seafood gala. This event raises more than $100,000 annually for scholarships and bursaries, and equipment and learning resources.
- Carol Stewart-Kirkby, Executive Director, United Way of Niagara Falls and Greater Fort Erie
The 15 year relationship between the United Way and Niagara Casinos is an example of mutual understanding and concern for the people of our community. Together we have carefully invested millions of dollars in programs and services that fill gaps and meet a variety of needs from feeding the hungry to providing safe shelter to nurturing children and youth. Without the dollars generously given by Falls Management and enthusiastically raised by associates, these investments would not have been made. Our community is a better place because of the important partnership of our two organizations.
- Elaine Pihach, Executive Director, Project SHARE
Project SHARE relies on partnerships throughout the community to enable us to provide essential emergency services that help people living below the poverty line with basic living needs. Our partnership with Niagara Casinos and their associates is one of the main reasons we are able to help others in need. The Niagara Casinos are a true reflection of our slogan “Our Community At Work”!
- Joanne Turner, Executive Director – Boys and Girls Club of Niagara
Fallsview Casino Resort has been a great support of the Boys and Girls Club of Niagara for many years through sponsorship and prize donations towards Club events. Most recently a tremendous pledge from the Fallsview Casino Resort towards the NEW Niagara Falls Centre of $250,000.00 which seriously closed a significant gap in an eight year campaign, making it possible to reach the goal of completing the campaign.